14 January 2011

why 'thank god it's FRIDAY'


I have a more important task to do but that has to wait.


Everybody has their own favourite day and mine is Friday. 
I like Fridays since, well, I never realize when I am really fond of that day.

When I was in boarding school (co-add), The boys will leave the school for Friday prayers. I feel really glad that we, the girls, have few hours break away from those little monsters.
Surely, when I was admitted to the girls' school later it was kind of worse but I refuse to talk about that in this post.

Every Friday, during those times, the Dining Hall will serve us the best breakfast of the week; Nasi Lemak. Most students like that particular traditional breakfast. There will be a long line of students at the hall waiting to be served by the rice, cucumbers, anchovies, groundnuts, boiled eggs and the best ingredient; the spicy sambal.

The small ugly black rounds are students in long line.

Of course, it was common to have Friday as the day with the highest number of students who turn up late for the morning assembly.
Also, after the assembly some students may probably go tot he toilet to have their business done and start blaming the handful of spicy sambal that they took before.

Another thing I like about Friday is it is right before weekends. It means I can stay up late without bothering to consider of having to attend any morning classes the next day.

Right now, Friday is awesome because I have no classes at all and it has been clarified just now after my co-curriculum class agreed to move it to Monday starting next week.

And Friday is usually the day we are all allowed to go home, even in my college since we won't have anything on Saturdays!

I used to be quite grumpy if my Friday is disturbing. For example, when I was in school, Friday is the least wanted day that I would like to have Foreign Language or Additional Mathematics classes. It was not that I do not like French and Add Math but I think they are pretty heavy subject to handle by the end of the week.




Anyway, I like Friday. A lot.
I think we should have more Fridays than any other day. 
As much as I agree with most people, Monday is my least favourite day.
And also Sunday but more on that later.

True story.


No comments:

Post a Comment