26 August 2010

if you read this and say a little prayer, it would do good for yourself and people

This is a true story.

UPDATE: His elder brother picked him up, finally. And the brother is willing to return the phone with a new one. Turns out this boy picked the wrong friends for himself. Everybody around him seemed to tried their best to help but he wouldn't even want to help himself. I think he trusts his friends more than people who wanted to help him.

The boy stole my brother's phone. Actually it was my phone and I gave it to my younger brother. If ever my dad finds that out, he would get really mad and blame my brother for his carelessness. That is not the point.

The boy is my brother's friend and he came to our house, one night, with my brother. Then my brother went to the toilet. When he comes out, the boy was gone with his phone. My brother told my mother. Mom felt uneasy. If my dad finds out, he will get angry. My mother asked my brother's schoolteacher for the background of that boy.

The boy lives with his brother around our neighborhood. Mom wants the boy to return the phone but the boy claimed that he lost the phone. Though, it seemed that he admitted that he took it. He promised that he will repay the price of the phone. Mom was a little glad to hear that. She gave the boy two months to gain money to repay the phone.

After some weeks, mom wants to see the boy. My brother took him home. He wore a pair of short jeans and a home shirt. Mom said he looks terrible and messed up. Mom discovered that the boy is an orphan, he lost his parents years ago. He lives with a brother nearby but he was sent out of the house recently because his brother is unable to control him. Now, he's homeless and live at the nearby mosque.

Mom is sad but she is still angry with the attitude of the boy. Mom asked how does he get his food and he said he got it from the mosque at times. Mom gave him few bucks and a set of decent clothes. However, Mom still hopes that the boy will find a job and repay for his attitude of stealing. When asked if he has any other sibling, he said that he has 9 elder siblings but none of them wants to look after him. He is uninterested in studying. Mom said to me that the boy has a big bully looks after him. Sounds pretty much of a gangster to me. Mom said that the boy might stole the phone for the big bully. The boy is now homeless and penniless.
I just wish that my parents will let go of the phone, though I am pretty sure they had to.


All this while, I read literature and read such story. And this is a true story.


I wonder whose fault is this. I wonder why do teens need to have these gangster thingy. I wonder if everybody will regret of all the bad things they did while they're young when they get pretty old. I wonder if some people does not have mercy. I wonder why does the siblings gave up on him easily. I wonder if that is how you treat an orphan. I wonder if you know that God will get freaking angry to see this going and you people abandon your brother. Who are you? Merciless people?


Now, I wonder if there's anything we could do to help solve this because I know the characters in this story. It is a true story, I am telling you.


fottnote: Tulis blog ni bukan senang kan? Kena ada will-spirit and self-esteem yang tinggi !

3 comments:

  1. crying while reading..i also found d same character in my life..n it was my cousin..got bullied by my uncle...my uncle even cut my cousin's skin for not listening to him...n my cousin was asked to steal his mother's money..how would a child think wise when got threatened this way...i dunno..the elder now don;t know how to think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. crying while reading..i also found d same character in my life..n it was my cousin..got bullied by my uncle...my uncle even cut my cousin's skin for not listening to him...n my cousin was asked to steal his mother's money..how would a child think wise when got threatened this way...i dunno..the elder now don;t know how to think...

    ReplyDelete