30 November 2010

unabridged books

Am I qualified to write a will now?


Yesterday I went to MPH Christmas Sale and as I wandered around, I found this book; What is the government doing with our money? Daring.

Later, I found knitting books on sale. Grr, I really want to learn to sew and knit stuff. At least I am on my way now. I don't like beads but there seems to be more beading books than the rest.

I am going to start writing my will now. There are several precious things that is mine and I do not want anybody to give them away or sell them. I am definitely talking about books. Okay I know now I sound like Elinor in Inkheart.

When I think about it, in 50 years to come, maybe the books we have today will not be republished in the future. The future children might have much different version of stories. 
For example, if my great great great grandparents passed me the original copies of Si Tanggang or Mahsuri, by now I'd have read the unabridged stories. Because who knows that maybe in the future they all will publish Inkheart in abridged edition?

I got this idea from JK Rowling's seventh book (no, I haven't watch the movie yet because I am waiting for Twelve). In that book, which I thank to my bro  cousin here who lend it to me, Albus Dumbledore wrote a will. He passed the The Tales of Beedle The Bard to Hermione Granger and it seemed to me that he passed the original copy of the book. Probably unabridged (my guess, because I haven't read the book yet). So cool gila kan?


I don't know anway. Some people might not think that books are precious to be inherited. I hope my children, granchildren, great great grandchildren will like these books. 
I hope.

*I hope they enjoy knitting and sewing too. Hehe.

True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment