19 April 2013

hours of solitude

Some things bothered me and so I left home and walked away. I have done this so many times, it is almost natural to do so. People said that I treated this as a routine: every few months or so, I'll travel north to the same ground, same room, same people.

I refuse to accept this as a routine - because a routine means the occurrences are repetitively similar. To rebut the idea, there was one period in which I travelled there every month in half a year and this year, in four months, I went there only twice in less than couple of days. And I do not simply go there without a purpose but always with one particular reason - to run (away).

There are times when I feel troubled with my assignments or my dad or whatever and I just feel like running away. There are also times (like my recent visit) which I was not bothered by anything but I felt rather uneasy to be stagnant in one place. Thus, I went off.

I am known to my friends for my ability to decide unexpectedly. Quite uncertain if we can label this spontaneity but when I decide for something, my decision is almost always definite (and at times, too abrupt). The last visit was quite amusing and rather adventurous. I arrived at the station in time but the tickets were sold out. I panicked for a moment but luckily enough they ordered some coaches to get us (the unfortunate north-bound stranded folks) there. So perhaps that is my little luck in my small journey.

I figured that I needed this because, hmm, I probably require several hours of solitude. I can always get that when I travel home to my parents' house, of course. However, on certain circumstances, I need few days of solitude and thus all the north-bound adventures.

I have so many names for that place: Narnia, third home, desert, trunks of books and few others. Once I stepped in the coach, there's no turning back. My favourite seat has always been by the window and if I am travelling alone, I shall ensure that I am seated next to the window.

There are always changes of the views from the window of from wherever I seat. Sometimes the sun shines so bright that I had to resort to take a nap or read a book, sometimes there are cows eating grass on the large green field, there is remarkable view of sunset if i were lucky enough, there are cars lining and busy streets of people and if I am too sleepy, I could only see green scenery and zzzz. I particularly disfavour travelling at night because I could not see anything (like on my recent journey).

Two years ago or thereabouts, I was always happier to walk around the streets of hmm Narnia. Until I met the villain of that place and well I just hate to bump into such a monster. No one likes a villain. But this is one funny villain. Do try to imagine it as bald with tall yet fat figure and disapproving face plus crooked eyebrow. Must villain has a weapon? Well, surely, I have seen it with a tennis racket but I am quite not certain. Hmm. Pompous crooked evil monster.

The heavenly fact about this place is their treasure of books. I have had pleasurable times browsing through their fictions at my own leisure time. Another feature that I enjoy spending time at this place should be the hospitality of my, hmm, babysitter or nanny or I don't know. But she's a lovely friend and I have to admit that most of the time of when I see her, I see the reflection of me. The way she organizes stuff and her study and her bed is like seeing me doing all those back in my crib. Perhaps that should be the reason I have favoured her so much.

Of course the main deal that everybody will argue is, theoretically, the most contributing factor of my happiness on that ground should come from him. I will not disagree but I have to say that 'most contributing' is rather inaccurate. 'Second (to wanderlust) most contributing factor' should perhaps, suffice.

Have I written long enough? I should go back to Farahad Zama's The Many Condition of Love. Do you know that this coach has WiFi connection? But it is password-protected so I suppose I shall post this when I am happy (to be able) to do so.

Go out and travel. No matter of what distance, alone or with a company but take few solitude hours for your own good. Sleep on someone else's bed, that should be enough for the littlest adventure. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment