03 November 2012

brave

Of Merida & Elinor.

"Ma, I wish to pursue my study at Edinburgh."
"Aaaa so you wanna go to UK?"
"Obviously, I suppose."
"Why? I don't prefer UK... maybe it's the gloomy weather and sorts."
"I like gloomy weathers. You know I like it when it's raining or cloudy."
"Yeah, yes that. I don't like those. When my friends send pictures of them in the UK, the clouds are usually dark and they can barely see the sun and the roads are always wet."
"I like those. I wouldn't prefer sunny days. They are too bright and can give me migraine."
"Sunny days are great. Canada wasn't so sunny back then but when it was, I enjoy it very much."
"That's Canada, not America."
"They're near so it's pretty much the same."
"You drink coffee. So American of you, I suppose."
"And you're English because you prefer tea over coffee?"
"That sounds alright. Anyway, back to the topic.. Edinburgh."


Mama is a caffeine addict. She tried to reduce her caffeine intake. I wouldn't say it is a success (yet) but she isn't failing it either. She has not been taking her caffeine in daily dose but she allows herself to consume on weekends, when going out with her friends (which she claimed she's a social drinker now), while marking papers, after marking papers and celebration for marking papers.

She has not taken her Nescafe, alright but I saw her taking Irish coffee, Turkish coffee and Vietnamese coffee. Honestly, we still cannot brain this woman's relationship with her caffeine intakes. 

Anyhow, we're still proud of her... err... effort on trying to reduce her caffeine intake. We are also proud of ourselves for having to be patient with her crankiness while she couldn't take her coffee.

If you (or anyone you know is) are a caffeine addict, try not to be too dependent with coffee. A little is good but too much can bring stroke. I don't do coffee because I'd have migraine afterwards. Tea FTW!

Until then.